Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cupcake Stand-In A Pinch

I threw a bridal shower for one of my good friends.
I decided I wanted to change things up and a bit and do cupcakes instead of cake.
But there was one problem.
I did not have a nice cupcake stand that matched the "speakeasy" theme.


So I made one with things I already had around the house.


Here's what you need:
Two emptied Morton salt containers
Cardboard
Spray Paint
Ribbon
Glue


Here's what you do:
Gather your supplies
Trace three different size plates onto your cardboard and cut them out
Spray paint cardboard and salt containers
Glue the cardboard to the salt containers
Largest on bottom. Smallest on top.
Glue ribbon to trim of cardboard plates
Fill with cupcakes
Have a party and eat them up

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I may just have to make one for lil' man's 3rd b-day party in August. He's already asking about his b-day party and it's only Jan. Haha!

    I love how you can personalize it to fit your color scheme and all...great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have empty salt containers laying around the house? It takes us more than a year to empty one of those things! Cute idea though. We bought a cupcake stand for our kiddos party at target for $15. I knew it would be something we'd use enough to pay for it. I made 35 cupcakes for the party. I made ahead of time and froze them...cute idea though..u're always being creative!
    {tara}@ undeserving grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is the cheapest yet one of cutest cupcake stands. So clever~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute, and very crafty! -krystle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower- kudos for your creativity!!!

    Clay

    http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-do-i-know.html

    ReplyDelete