Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are YOU afraid of the dark?

I'm not. 
But that is what Katie wants to know today. 
What am I afraid of?
I'm going to sound really crazy here.
I'm terrified of driving next to semi trucks. 
I seriously think they are always coming over the line.
To knock me off the road.


[I was going to insert a picture of a big scary semi truck here, but Blogger is not allowing image uploads right now. Maybe that's a good thing.]


It drives my hunky hubby absolutely crazy.
I try to hide my fear.
But he always knows.
The "hughhhkkkk" whispered under my breath is a dead give away.
Oh and I grab the handle on my door. Every time.


If I'm driving, I just go really slow if a semi comes around.  Until it passes me.
Ok. Ok. I go slow all the time. But especially when those big trucks come up on me.
I wish they would just give me some space.
And stop trying to run me off the road already


See I told you that you would think I am crazy.
I probably am. 


It's been a good day.
~Toodles

6 comments:

  1. Don't be afraid! Most of them are the best drivers on the road (most). My husband was an owner-operator for 6 years and he told me the safest way to travel is behind one where they can see you.

    But yeah, I get your fear. They're big and loud and some of them are terrible and dangerous...just very few. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I am your newest follower from Mommy blogs. I myself am from the wine country and absolutely love it. I have been to Kansas City because my brother is in the Air Force and stationed in Missouri. Kansas City was alot of fun, but very very hot when I went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I'm so afraid of semis too. I always tend to veer off the road when they are beside me! You aren't crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I don't like to drive next to trucks either. I've heard some horror stories and avoid them if at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not crazy, it's a pretty common fear. Just think of it this way, at least you haven't given up driving because of your fear. My mom is terrified of driving next to semi's and she's also scared of driving over bridges. And where do you have semi's and bridges, on the highway which means she refuses to drive on the highway all together. She'll take every back road possible to avoid them which makes commuting with her a LONG trip! So don't feel bad about your fear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom here, I AM afraid of the dark, and really don't like the semi's so close either, (must be genetics,lol).

    Hang on tight!

    ReplyDelete