Monday, November 26, 2012

probably not

The holidays are simply my favorite time of the year.
And as the boys grow older I find myself falling in love with their awe and excitement and watching the sparkle in their eyes as each new day of the season unfolds.
Thanksgiving was spent lounging around with family and eating way too much.
From left to right
1. Gentry with cousin Olivia
2. Me with sister Hannah
3. My mom and pops
3. Cooper

We visited the Christmas tree farm on Saturday and I think Isaak asked us at least 10 times if it was indeed Christmas time. 

We even visited Santa Claus, who while waiting for the photographer to get ready, kept prodding both boys to tell him all of the things they wanted for Christmas.
When they each would name one item, he'd ask, "What else?" over and over.
C'mon Santa!


Gentry is full of curiosity noticing that Santa's beard was just a bit shorter this year and asking things like, "Why on earth would some of my friends think that their moms and dads could be Santa Claus?" I took a deep breath, afterall 6 years is too young not to believe! 
He then followed up by exclaiming, "I heard the reindeer on the roof last year mom, so I just know that he's real."
Phew.
The rest of the weekend we spent digging out Christmas decor, hanging lights, trimming the very prickly tree, making big messes, and ignoring the heaping pile of laundry that never seems to go away.
Maybe I'll get to that tonight.
Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment