Monday, May 23, 2011

Lately

I'm devastated for the people of Joplin, MO. 
So many wonderful people have been affected by the monster that tore through and 
now 
every part of 
my 
life seems so trivial.
why?
I wonder to myself.
It's just too close to home. 
I KNOW people that have lost everything and I don't like it. 
So I pray. And pray some more. 
Because God has it all under His control. 
Even when everything 
looks
like a mess. 
Even when everything 
IS 
a mess.
We must trust when we are weak. But it is still hard. Really hard.  


“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to them, as well as my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard and makes you take a step back and look at the big picture. Also at how small our little wants are in comparison to their needs.
    I live 2 hours from there. It breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't even post anything yesterday I was so down. Those poor people. And more on the way today!

    ReplyDelete