Friday, November 9, 2012

Thrift Store Lamp Makeover

It's friday. And almost Thanksgiving. My favorite!!
I thought a fun tutorial was fitting for a lovely fall day like today. :)
I purchased a cheap brass lamp and plain shade at the thrift store for $6 total. And I forgot to take a picture. :|
I have several burlap sacks leftover from a previous project.
I started by cutting those into about 2 inch strips. (but i by no means measured)
I think I used about three burlap bags. ALOT of burlap!

I then just folded them kind of in half and scrunched and glued with a hot glue gun. Over and over and over again. :)

You can kinda see the ugly shade peeking through in the photo above.
I spray painted the brass base with a white flat spray paint first and then used a high gloss salmon colored spray from Lowes for the final coat. 
Here are some close ups of the final result. 




And here is the pic from Instagram. Follow along with me @joyjustbecause
Happy Friday friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment